COVID – 19
PLEASE CONSULT THE FOLLOWING REPORTING GUIDANCE
The Canton Police Department has established an online reporting system for NON-EMERGENCY SITUATIONS and minor motor vehicle crashes. These new procedures will help ensure the safety of our officers as well as our community while we all do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19.
To report NON-EMERGENCY situations such as property crime, identity theft, vandalism and minor thefts please click here. Fill out the online form and an officer will contact you.
If you are involved in a minor motor vehicle crash—please exchange information with the other operator i.e. (License Plate #s, License #s, insurance and contact information) then download a crash report by clicking here.
Process For Renewing or Applying for a License to Carry or Firearms Identification Card
• As of September 1st, we are no longer accepting mailed or dropped off applications! ALL applicants (both new and renewal) will need to come into the station to sign up for a date/time in the appointment book located in our lobby. The book is labeled ‘FIREARMS APPOINTMENTS’.
• At the time of the appointment, Applicants are to bring:
-Their completed application and other necessary paperwork such as safety certificate for first time applicants.
- Payment for the application processing fee. No processing will be initiated without the appropriate fee.
Check or money order should be made out to ‘The Town of Canton’. More information on what fees are applicable can
be found at https://www.mass.gov/firearms-license.
- A pen to sign documents
- A self-addressed stamped envelope
• No meeting will occur unless applicant is wearing a mask. Anyone experiencing a fever or flu like symptoms will be asked to stay at home. Please call to cancel. Rescheduling will not be a problem.
•Applications are available on the Firearms Record Bureau website, https://www.mass.gov/how-to/apply-for-a-firearms-license or here in our lobby.
For further questions, please contact (781) 828-1214 Lt. Sherrill (x2104) or Lt. Keleher (x2103).